Are you interested in knowing how to find data entry jobs so you can work online? Find out more as you read through this article.
As the global health crisis continues to take away people’s liberty and mobility, it has also taken most of their livelihood and income sources. The economy is slowly crashing, with most brick-and-mortar stores forced to close down. No one wanted this to happen, and it may take time before people can feel the economic repercussions on a personal level.
But you don’t have to wait before that happens to you. You need to be ready just in case unemployment hits you. In that case, one of the best ways to turn this situation around is to look for a job that you can do in the comforts of your home.
If you have been looking for ways on how to find data entry jobs working from home, then you came to the right place. Today, we’ll share with you legit platforms where you can bag jobs like this. But before that, we’ll discuss the basics so you can set proper expectations.
What Do I Need To Know About Data Entry?
There are many ways on how to find data entry jobs but the first thing you need to do is know what this job entails. Data entry is a job that is in charge of typing information and data with the use of a computer. It requires very little specific knowledge. This doesn’t mean, however, that it’s for everyone. It only means that even if you don’t have any background in this job, you can still qualify. You’ll also be glad to know that this is one of the easiest ways to get started if you wish to work from home. Why? Because there’s no need for prolonged training and ramp-up time isn’t an issue. Everybody knows how to copy/paste and type, so the job is fairly easy.
What Skills Do I Need To Have?
When we say this job is easy to get into, it doesn’t mean you don’t need skills to be hired. Before you search for ways on how to find data entry jobs, you must check your skills and assess yourself first to know if you are fit for this kind of job. Data entry jobs have minimal and less complicated requirements compared to other home-based jobs. Here’s a list of a few:
- Computer skills. This includes knowledge and ability to use a PC or laptop, install software, update such software, and keep your PC safe from malware and viruses.
- Typing skills. You need to be able to type accurately and quickly. A word of advice from the pros — don’t forget to proofread your work.
- Organization. This job requires you to impose order on chaos, so you need to be organized. As they put it, “the devil is in the details.”
- Excellent communication skills. There are a lot of physical and geographical barriers when you work from home. On top of that, you sometimes have to deal with language and cultural barriers, especially when dealing with clients from other parts of the world. Keep your thoughts and words together by learning how to communicate efficiently and promptly.
- Exceptional tolerance for repetitive tasks. Data entry will expose you to tasks that have very minimal variations. If you’re seeking excitement and dynamism, the repetitive nature of the job might be torture for you. Ask yourself first if you can tolerate repetitions.
- Hands-on skills. You need to know how to use and operate standard PC programs like Excel, Google Docs, MS Word, etc.
To start a job as a data entry specialist, you need to have a personal computer or laptop, a stable internet connection, and a go-getter attitude. You can do wonders with only these three things at your disposal.
Where To Find Legit Data Entry Jobs
Here are some ways on how to find data entry jobs. Check out these platforms where you can find jobs to apply for:
This is where freelancers offering different services and clients meet. Start by building a profile in Upwork and have the same approval. Though it may take time before Upwork accepts your profile, it will surely be worth it with the limitless job opportunities you can get. Just follow the tips, and you’ll be set up in no time.
Though this is known to be a transcription company because most of the jobs found here are related to transcribing, it also offers data entry jobs. It’s worth keeping an eye out.
This is one of the legitimate companies that rarely post job openings. But, they require payment for registration so that you will be notified in case they have job openings for data entry. They also require applicants to meet standard requirements like a 50 wpm or 15,000 keystrokes per hour errorless typing speed.
Yet another paying company that offers legit data entry tasks is Clickworker. Once you sign up on their website, you will automatically receive notifications about job postings to apply for. While waiting for data entry tasks, you can also participate in other services like surveys, web research, copy editing, and proofreading. If you perform well consistently, you will be provided with more high-paying gigs.
Appen has many search engine evaluator gigs, but they also offer microtask posts that involve data collecting or data entry. Most of these jobs are project-based and short-term. It’s also a good idea to apply here.
This one is very similar to Appen in the kind of jobs and tasks they offer. You can take advantage of their annotation projects wherein you will be tasked to label simple images. You will also be paid per image successfully labeled. The good thing about Lionbridge is they post jobs frequently, so you will always have jobs to get busy on.
Get Hired As A Data Entry Specialist
Since you already know about the basics and requirements, you can now apply for a data entry position with ease and confidence. If you don’t get hired right away, don’t worry. Just keep improving yourself, honing your skills, and applying for available jobs. Soon, you, too, will be able to land your first career in data entry.
Happy job hunting!